Thursday, November 4, 2021

Thank you all, and so long!

All good things come to an end, and it doesn't feel right to leave without saying goodbye. I've had a wonderful 6 years playing X-Wing. It's time for me to step off the ride. The community here is truly special, and I'm going to miss it. I wish you all the best.

Big shoutout to Miranda Ketita, the person who got me into X-Wing. Thanks for taking me under your wing and showing me the ropes.

A huge shoutout to Marc de Bruyn, my playtest partner back in London. We spent a long time theorycrafting and practicing, and you gave me tons of feedback on my model.

The London Ontario X-Wing community through the years, including Dave Roy, Ryan Ferguson, Rob, Ryan Slager, Eric Lalande, and Dave Ryersee. Justin Leonard, Andrew "Pineapple", Alex Kanski.

Team Canada for XTC: Andrew Oehler, Remi Dumais, Steve McLean, Stephen Kim, Cam Murray, Mike Massiah, and Devon Monkhouse.

Other X-Wing players of Ontario, including Andrew Durham, Brendon Osmann-Deyman, Tristan Singleton, Solon Wong, Timbo, Ryan Dwornik, Jackie Luong, Jeff Asiri, Alan Fung, Kelvin Lau, Evan Cameron.

The great people I met at Worlds. Jesper Winstrom, Rasta Maice, XY, and everyone else I played in the tournament and side events.

Special props to Jeff Bizzak. We didn't interact much outside our game where you destroyed me, but I did steal my Canadian Nats list from you :).

Community leaders. Dee and Ryan of the Fly Better Podcast, thank you for letting this rando on your podcast. Dion, Marcel, Ryan, and Will of GSP, thank you for all your contributions to the community. Members of the community I've interacted more or less with through the years: Ablazoned, GreenDragoon, Gisli, the Midwest Scrub community.

I apologize for anyone I missed.

I wish you guys all the best, and I hope we can meet again someday. Who knows what the future will bring? In the meantime, good luck and have fun!

4 comments:

  1. Bohan, I am having some of the same feelings of wanting to drop the game, as well. I hope that the X-wing community can endure through this... maybe form our own X-Wing with blackjack and hookers, but if not, I appreciate your blog and the your input into the X-wing community. Thank you from Matt Cary and rest of the Midwest Scrubcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bohan, for the the great moments, being a great player and teacher. This is hard to read, but I respect your decision, and wish the best for you. I'll never forget your skill and what you taught us. Thank you, from Luke Wilkie and all the Ewoks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a defunct London-based X-Wing blog is MY niche. Get your own niche!

    RIP Space Owls blog. Truly a perennially undercosted in the X-Wing Blog Efficiency Model (for reference, mine came in at -6 on the Diff column, basically unreadable).

    ReplyDelete